Thursday, September 17, 2009

Counting down the days

12:20 am, September 18th, 2009

I'm sitting here on a couch in Dubai, trying to picture what it would be like to step foot in Palestine. I'm excited yet very nervous. I don't know what to expect. I mean in the past, I've seen documentaries, watched the news, heard stories and it made my blood boil.


It resulted in me being very emotional and I either was inspired to write a song or take it to the streets in shape of a rally or demonstration, which in some instances resulted in being arrested or held by police.

But I have matured and grown as an individual. I have realized my strengths and weaknesses, but I've never faced a situation on ground zero.

I don't know what to expect and I don't know how I will react. I hope my response will be based more on mind rather than heart. I know my biggest strength is my biggest weakness which is my passion.

I just hope my passion doesn't blind me.

No comments: